Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Emeli Sande - Hope



I have not blogged about any musical artists this summer. Between watching award shows, wondering where is any unique  lyrical content and yelling in the direction of my oldest son's room for him to turn his music down, I have been thirsty for new music. Well, here is the double feature- an exquisitely written song and a great voice.  I have drenched my parched ipod with repeats of this song. My summer oasis is Hope. The words in Hope challenge us to grab the spirit of  positive expectancy in spite of the current  negative state of the world. The voice of Emeli Sande is head shacking, ugly face making, in the air hand waving goodness. I do not know what's in the water in Britain, but it is liquid soul. Here is another Brit. RIP Amy Winehouse and we all salute Adele. Ironically, Ms. Sande's first name is also Adele.  Emeli choose to use her middle name to distinguish herself. This former medical student, is said to be Simon Cowell's favorite singer at the moment. WOW! That's an astronomical compliment when you consider he is the man who said Beyonce's music was boring or have witnessed his unempressive aura on American Idol.  In addition to being a great songstress, Emeli has written songs for Susan Boyle and Leona Lewis. Just when I was so disappointed with the musical climate, Emeli Sande has kept hope alive.

Pastiche.

No comments:

Post a Comment