|Roots and Wings|
Reading to your child develops listening vocabulary and your expression of the text helps the child comprehend. The more children read, and are read to, has serious academic consequences. These picture text books are suggestions for children from conception to 4 grade.
1. Coretta Scott, poetry by Ntozake Shange, illustrations by Kadir Nelson
2. The Beatitudes, written by Carole Weatherford, illustrations by Tim Ladwig
3. Ron's Big Mission, written by Rose Blue and Corinne J. Naden, illustrations by Don Tate
4. Martin's Big Words, written by Doreen Rappaport, illustrated by Bryan Collier
5. Happy Feet, written by Richard Michelson, illustrated by E.B. Lewis