Sunday, January 6, 2013

Natasha Trethewey

Believe the Hype!!!

Believe the hype! I receive and hear inklings about  poets and poetess. Because I am such a lover of poetry, I am hard to disappoint. Many books by underground or independent poets are purchased to show artistic support.  Myriad are in drawers and bookshelves that never see the light of day. What gives me joy unspeakable joy is poetry that makes ME want to be a better poetess. Natasha Trethewey is that poet. I read her poetry, stop, ponder,  scratch my forehead and wonder how. How did she decide to put that word or  that phrase right there?  How did she arrive at that word? Tretheway has flow quality-an ability to make ideas flow on paper. Words become more than mortal, they dance like divine beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment