Saturday, December 10, 2011

Carl Thomas CD

 I vividly remember riding to I Wish from the Emotional CD. The hip-hop beat and Carl Thomas' man voice were the perfect mixing for an urban classic. Carl Thomas has one of those rare throwback voices that remind you of crushed, black velvet. His voice exudes back arching powerful masculinity. In this teen driven music driven industry, artists like Carl Thomas have to fight for airplay. His latest release, Conquer is ready for the grown ups. Out of an offering of twelve tracks, I fell in lust with many of them. My favorites from the CD are Don't Kiss Me, It Is What It Is, which is an ode to those who understand the true nature of a situation:"He's calling you, but you here with me". On Sweet Love, he croons about making sweet love over and over again. Mr. C.T. had me whispering 'Yes'.  Running, is an inspirational tune, and I Do is for all hopeless romantics waiting for that special someone to pop the big question.  This CD can be compared to good, committed lovemaking that is nice, but not that FIRE. Carl Thomas' natural bravado and evocative persona will conquer the midnight hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment